About RoHS Certification
RoHS is the acronym used to refer to the European Union (EU) Directive 2002/95/EC on the Restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in Metals and materials.
In 2002 European Parliament approved two directives related to the reduction of certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS). The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulation (WEEE) Directive aims to regulate the reuse, recycling and recovery of waste electrical and electronic equipment; the ultimate goal is to prevent the disposal of this waste.
In the RoHS Directives, the use of the fore mentioned substances in most electrical and electronic equipment are banned or restricted.
RoHS, also known as Lead-Free. All applicable products in the EU market after July 1, 2006 must Comply with RoHS Directives
Certification of Rohs in Singapore
The above legislation is adhered/complied by all companies manufacturing, selling, distributing and importing the products in Singapore. They are required to apply for rohs in Singapore for certification before they can sell their products in this market. In rohs, the restrictions are based on the following substances:
6 items from section 1 of table 2 in rohs directive
1 item from section 2 of table 3 in rohs directive
Enforcement for rohs in singapore
Consumers are fined and charged for non-compliance to requirements of rohs in singapore by the Singapore government: The government of Singapore has an active program for charging fines on consumers who fail to comply with rohs requirements.
Tell rohs suppliers in Singapore that companies, who are rohs certified suppliers/manufacturers, will have the rohs compliance logo on their information sheets or specification document.
The RoHS directive currently lists 6 materials as being restricted.
Above mentioned chemicals should either be totally eliminated or should be below maximum concentration level.
Categories of electrical and electronic equipment included by ROHS Directives
- Large and small Household Appliances
- IT and Telecommunications Equipments
- Consumer Equipments
- Lighting Equipments
- Electrical and Electronic Tools (with the exception of large-scale stationary industrial tools)
- Toys, Leisure and Sports Equipment
- Medical Devices (with the exception of all implanted and infected products)
- Monitoring and Control Instruments – Automatic Dispensers.
Examples of product components containing restricted substances
Examples of leaded components include:
- Paints and pigments
- PVC (vinyl) cables (e.g., power cords, USB cables)
- Printed circuit boards, leads, internal and external interconnects
- Displays in television and photographic electronic products
- Lamps, bulbs and batteries
Why IAS for Rohs in Singapore
- IAS is Incorporated in 2006, over 13 years of Professional experience as an strong and recognized certification body For Management systems and Product Certifications.
- IAS provides certification of ROHS in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman, Qatar Philippines, Kuwait countries, with more than 6000 clients
- IAS is one of the globally recognized ISO certification body provides ISO certifications, Product Certifications, Lead Auditor Trainings and Internal Auditor Trainings on various ISO standards.
- Any assistance regarding ROHS in Singapore, contact us we are there to help and support.
Procedure RoHS in Singapore Certification
- Contact IAS with the completed Application form, we will contact you to discuss the specific details about the certification.
- Identifying the product or the range of product to be certified
- Registration of product or range of product to be certified
- Submission of first documentation by manufacturer (Based on Certification standard, including test certificates)
- Evaluation of documentation
- Visiting the location and auditing the products to ensure the product meets the ROHS certification requirements.
- Submission of final documentation along with additional clarification.
- Final document evaluation and recommendation
- Award of certification
Benefits Of ROHS Certification
- Mandatory requirement for the European Union.
- Improve reliability and efficiency of the product.
- Improve brand value and market value in the international market
- It helps to the organization to produce safe products
- Develops the better relationship between the client and the organization
To know more about the audit procedure for Rohs in Singapore. Kindly click here.