ISO 22301 Certification
What is ISO 22301 Certification?
ISO 22301 specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining, and continually improving a documented Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). This standard is designed to help organizations minimize risks with better planning, implementation, and improvement. It also establishes more efficient ways of operating by providing clear guidelines for dealing with threats and vulnerabilities, developing and implementing appropriate policies, procedures, plans, and agreements. ISO 22301 certification is provided to organizations by a third-party certification body once the organization has demonstrated it meets the requirements of the ISO standard.
ISO 22301 certification is not a one-time achievement, but rather a process that needs to be maintained on an ongoing basis. This can be achieved through a documented Management Review that evaluates a number of factors including organizational resilience and business continuity performance, the effectiveness of security controls implementations, risks identification, and risk treatment plans.
Advantages of ISO 22301 Certification
ISO 22301 certification can provide many benefits, such as:
- Increased customer confidence: By obtaining an ISO 22301 certification, organizations can demonstrate to customers that they are committed to business continuity and risk management. This helps to increase their confidence in the organization and encourages them to remain loyal customers.
- Enhanced reputation: An ISO 22301 certification is a sign of good practice and sends a positive message to potential customers, partners and investors. It helps to improve an organization’s reputation and can give it a competitive edge over others in the same industry.
- Improved resilience: Having an effective business continuity management system in place ensures that the organization is better prepared for any disruptions or crises that may arise. Thus, ISO 22301 certification helps to reduce the impact of such crises and improve the organization’s ability to recover quickly.
- Reduced legal liabilities: An ISO 22301 certification helps organizations meet their legal obligations with regards to business continuity and risk management. It can therefore help to reduce the risk of litigation that could arise from not having a compliant system in place.
An organization that has been certified against ISO 22301:2019 will benefit from accelerated credibility and market recognition through their closer alignment to industry best practices.
Steps to Achieving ISO 22301 Certification with IAS
Integrated Assessment Services Pte. Ltd. provides a simple and efficient ISO 22301 certification process.
- Contact IAS by sending the Application Form and call us for a discussion to guide you in getting ISO 22301 certification.
- Prepare your organization for ISO 22301 certification by implementing and practicing the standard, monitoring, and continually improving.
- The process of ISO 22301 certification Audit Procedure includes 2 audit stages:
- Stage 1 Audit: Readiness Audit
- Stage 2 Audit: Verifying the Effectiveness of the System
- The organization applying for ISO 22301 certification will be audited based on an extensive sample of its sites, services, process, products & functions.
- If there is any deviation observed during the audit, a deviation report will be submitted along with the detailed audit report. According to the grading of the deviations, IAS determines the time required for its closure including the correction and corrective actions which have to be approved by IAS. After the effective closure of Nonconformity, ISO 22301 certification is issued with the scope that was audited.
Successful organizations can verify their ISO 22301 certificate through our ISO 22301 certification search page.
The period of your actual ISO 22301 Certification will depend on your organization’s business continuity maturity.
How Long Does it Take to Get ISO 22301 Certification?
ISO 22301 certification can be completed usually within 1-2 months. Generally, this depends on a large number of factors such as documentation, implementation, and auditing. If starting from the scratch, smaller organizations may need 3 to 6 months, organizations with up to 500 people will need 8 to 12 months, and larger organizations may require 12 months or more.
Contact IAS today to apply for ISO 22301 certification! Also visit our ISO 22301 certification frequently asked questions page to learn more about ISO 22301 certification.
Also check out our blog on how to get ISO Certification!