IATF 16949 CERTIFICATION
About IATF 16949 standard
The most widely used standard for quality management in automotive industries is ISO/TS 16949, which has been replaced with the publication of a new global automotive industry standard called asAutomotive Quality Management System Standard – IATF 16949 by the International Automotive Task Force, On October 3rd, 2016 IATF 16949:2016 was published by the IATF and replaces the ISO/TS 16949 standard.
This QMS requirement along with applicable automotive Customer-specific requirements, ISO 9001:2015 basic requirements for QMS, and specific requirements for the automobile industry forms the standard as
IATF 16949:2016. It is an independent standard that is fully aligned with the structure ISO 9001:2015. Therefore, the IATF 16949 cannot be implemented alone as a stand-alone system but must be implemented as a supplement and in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015.
Coverage of IATF 16949 Certification in Singapore:
IAS is one of the highest performings ISO Certification Bodies in Singapore. IAS conducts auditing and providing IATF 16949 certification in Singaporeand also for various standards in Singapore. It also delivers, IATF 16949:2016 Internal Auditor Training, and IATF 16949:2016 Awareness/Foundation Training in Singapore. All these certification and Training services by IAS for the country are managed from its office in Singapore and provide services including the Local cities of Singapore like Hougang, Tampines, Pasir Ris, Yishun, Choa Chu Kang, Toa Payoh, Bukit Batok.
IATF 16949 Certification Process
- Contact IAS by sending the application and call us for a free discussion and we can guide you in getting the IATF 16949 Certification.
- Based on the Application form submitted by your organization, IAS initiates the IATF 16949 certification process for your company. Your application will be scrutinized and IAS will come out with the plan to conduct audits. Our staff will be in touch with you to discuss and help you in the certification process. Check more detailed IATF 16949 certification procedure.
- Based on the Application form submitted by your organization, IAS initiates the IATF certification process for your company. Your application will be scrutinized and IAS will come out with a plan to conduct audits. Our staff will be in touch with you to discuss and help you in the certification process.
- Majorly, IATF 16949 certification audit procedure includes 2 stages
Stage 1Audit: Readiness Audit
Stage 2 Audit: Verifying the effectiveness of the implementation of IATF 16949
- The organization applying for ISO certification is audit based on an extensive sample of its sites, services, process, products & functions.
- If any deviation is observed during the audit, a deviation report will be provided along with the detailed audit report. According to the grading of the deviations, the IAS determines the time required for its closure including the correction and corrective actions which have to be approved by the IAS audit team. After the effective closure of Non-conformity, the Certificate is issued limiting to the scope that was audited.
For more information on the application and IATF 16949 certification frequently asked questions!
What do you do to achieve IATF 16949 certification?
- Call IAS for conducting an Audit and discuss audit procedures specific to your organization
- Implement IATF 16949:2016-Automotive Quality Management System in your organization. (E.g. Documenting, training the staff with Awareness and Internal Audit, practicing the system, etc)
- Compile the collected data and complete the analysis; Conduct at least one internal Audit program through trained QMS Internal Auditors; Conduct a Management review with the help of analyzed data and effect the decision towards improving the Organization’s performance in line with company objectives & goals.
- Complete the audit for IATF 16949 certification successfully through IAS. (Stage 1 and Stage 2)
- Closure of Non-conformance, if any.
- Maintain the IATF 16949 certification by successfully completing Suriellance Audit Annually.
Visit our IATF 16949 certification frequently asked questions page to learn more.
Also check out our blog on how to get ISO Certification!